Version 1.1.0 – Last updated: 18 June 2020
Changes to prior version:
1. Addition of Social Media channels: Facebook, YouTube
Prior version: 1.0.0 – 20 May 2020
Cipacto iG (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website cipacto.com (the “Service”).
What is personal information?
“Personal information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual which we collect when you use this website. When using this website, it is important that you provide us with only your own personal information and ensure that the personal information you provide is accurate and up to date. Please note that you will be responsible for any inaccurate, third party or false personal information that you provide to us.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- Embedded third party services and content
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- How long do we retain personal information?
- Do we share personal data?
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- What are your data protection rights?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Children´s privacy
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
- the areas of the website that you visit;
- your language preferences;
- the campaign/URL from where you came to the website;
- your activity on the website, such as products viewed, resources that you download and any information you provide to us;
- information about your computer, such as which browser you are using, your network location and the type of connection you are using (e.g. broadband, ADSL etc) and your IP address; and
- technical and other information that does not personally identify you.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Voluntarily contact us via our contact forms or via email.
- Connect via our website to a social media (LinkedIn, Xing)
When you, amongst other activities, submit an online enquiry or request information from us, we will ask for some or all of the following information, in addition to such additional information as you may volunteer:
- your name;
- company name;
- email address;
- postal address; and
- telephone number.
Once you submit information through our website we will know who you are and you acknowledge that your activities on this website and information about you and/or your company may be recorded on our systems which includes cloud-based systems.
Some mandatory information is required, other information is optional. It will help us to respond to your enquiry. If you don’t provide mandatory information, we may refuse to accede to the request for which this information was requested.
Embedded third party services and content
In order to inform a broad audience on Cipacto´s activities, we are using social media sharing buttons of different social media operators, mentioned below. The responsibility for an operation of these services in a manner that is compliant with data protection laws lies with the respective operator. Cipacto is only responsible for data collection and transfer to the plugin operator.
A sharing-button is an automated integration of buttons, which contain a link and click event related to the respective service.
The integration of these sharing buttons takes place for LinkedIn by using a so-called two-click solution. This is ensuring a higher standard of data protection due to the absence of data transfer to social media operators up to the point in which the respective button is clicked and login data provided by the user to share the post or the user is already logged in when clicking the button.
Moreover, Cipacto is operating profiles and fan pages on Facebook, LinkedIn and Xing and a channel on YouTube.
Your data might be transferred to the USA. The concerned social media operators are certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. This is why the processing can take place according to Art. 45 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
More information on the purpose and scope of processing of personal data by the social media operator as well as on your rights and possibilities to change settings regarding privacy, please consult the privacy policies of the respective social media operator.
Please be aware that personal data processing takes also place in case you are clicking on the links below.
How will we use your data?
We use this information for the purposes listed below:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to provide you with this website and our products and services;
- to maintain and develop our website;
- to develop products and services;
- to fulfill your requests and answer your queries or complaints;
- for market research and to assess marketing strategies and campaigns;
- to market our own products and services to you; through means such as newsletters and invitations to events;
- communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website and for marketing and promotional purposes;
- send you emails;
- find and prevent fraud.
We may provide the opportunity to sign-up for a periodic email newsletter by entering in your email address and confirming it by clicking on a confirmation link sent to you by us by e-mail (double opt-in). The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
In some cases we may ask you for further information, such as name, occupation, address or telephone number. Regarding the processing of this personal data you will be asked to grant your explicit consent. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
If you subscribe for our periodic email newsletter your IP address as well as data and time of subscription will be collected and stored at Cipacto as data controller. This allows us to prevent misuse of our services or of the e-mail address of the subscriber. The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. This data is only used for the distribution of the newsletter. The subscription may be terminated by you at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter. We will delete the relevant personal data promptly upon your unsubscribe instruction.
Marketing by post
Where you have consented, we may send you marketing information by post where we have decided that it is mutually beneficial to you and our organisation. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests that reflect your involvement and interest in Cipacto.
Marketing by email
Where you have consented, we will send you email updates about our work, invitations to events and webinars – you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
We will not send you marketing emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
Our emails may contain a web beacon pixel to tell us whether they have been opened and to verify any clicks through to links or articles within the email. We may use this information for purposes such as determining how to improve our communications to users, which of our emails are more interesting to users and to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you can read the email in plain text view or with images disabled.
Surveys and feedback
From time-to-time we may request information from you via surveys, feedback questionnaires or contest entries. Participation is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether to disclose any information requested. We process your response to any survey or feedback questionnaire you participate in for research, evaluation and statistical purposes including to improve our services and products and the functionality of this website. Where you have entered a contest, we will use your contact information to notify you if you win and, where this is the case, to award prizes.
You acknowledge and confirm your acceptance for Cipacto to process your personal data for the purposes listed above.
How do we store your data?
Cipacto follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
How long do we retain personal information?
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to use your personal information as described above so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue or to comply with our legal obligations.
Where your personal information is processed with your consent (e.g. for the marketing purposes), such personal information is retained until you revoke the consent for such processing, or until the time limit dictated by law is reached.
Do we share personal data?
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, www.google.com (“Google Analytics” or “Google”). Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google’s location in the US and stored there.
In using Google Analytics our website employs the extension “anonymizeIp”. In doing so, Google abbreviates and thereby anonymizes your IP address before transferring it from EU/EEA member states. Google uses this information to analyze your use of our site, to compile reports for us on internet activity and to provide other services relating to our website.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
You can find additional information on how to install the browser add-on referenced above at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For the cases in which personal data is transferred to the US, Google has self-certified pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
Google Tag Manager (GTM)
● Google Analytics
What are your data protection rights?
Our company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Under certain circumstances, you have rights in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at: email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Privacy policies of other websites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
By using, or continuing to use, this website and / or providing your personal information after having reviewed this website, you will have consented to the terms and conditions presented to you in this privacy notice, so that the joint data controllers may continue to process said information unless and until you oppose to one or more of the purposes indicated above or revoke your consent therefor or altogether according to the terms and conditions herein.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +43.67683083400